The Lighthouse Project has been created as a result of a great need for suicide prevention support in Norfolk. It provides free support & training to communities & those working in & around North Norfolk & the Great Yarmouth area.
Norfolk & Waveney Mind is offering free training in suicide awareness & intervention. QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) is for anyone looking to raise their awareness around the subject of suicide & would like to learn the skills to support someone in a crisis. Just like CPR, QPR is an emergency response and can save lives. QPR is the most widely taught prevention training in the world.
Key components covered in training:
- How to question, Persuade & Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behaviour
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
Includes fee certification valid for three years.
Gatekeeper training includes free resources & the best-selling e-book by Paul Quinnett, Ph.D.
Who can receive the free training?
You need to meet any of the criteria below:
- Live in North or East Norfolk
- Run a business in North or East Norfolk
- Support people in the community in North or East Norfolk
- Volunteer in the community in North or East Norfolk
Upcoming course dates
Courses run every Monday from January 11th to February 8thand February 22nd, Wednesday March 3rd, Monday March 8th to Monday March 22nd, Monday April 12th, Monday April 19th & Wednesday April 28th. All course times are 10.30-11.30.
Please contact the Lighthouse Project directly for information or to book.